American Express and Delta enjoy a strong partnership. We consider the to be one of the strongest airline cards on the market today, offering cardholders the best travel perks available.
Now they’re teaming up again, with the new . There’s no annual fee — that’s unusual among airline cards — and it comes with high rewards rate and a considerable signup bonus. If you’re a periodic Delta flyer, or even just an occasional traveler, this might be one of the top cards for you.
- 2X miles per dollar spent on all Delta purchases, including flights booked, SkyClub® membership or passes, in-flight purchases, and more
- 2X miles per dollar spent at all U.S. restaurants
- 1X miles per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases
- 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible Delta in-flight purchases (food, beverages, audio headsets)
- Earn 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 on purchases within your first three months of card membership
cardholders can gain access to American Express Travel Insiders, a vacation-planning service that connects travelers with local experts and personalized itineraries all across the globe. They’ll also have exclusive access to Card-member only events, including Broadway shows and concert tours. Other perks include American Express’ Global Assist Hotline, available 24/7, as well as car rental loss and damage insurance.
The fine print
The welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who currently have or have had one of the following cards within the past 90 days:
- Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express
The Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express has no annual fee, but it does charge a 2.7% foreign transaction fee on purchases outside the U.S. If you’re looking for cards with $0 foreign transaction fees, check out our list of the Best International Credit Cards.
Another Delta/American Express option
The Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is an ideal option for casual travelers that want to earn rewards for an occasional vacation. If you travel often or are looking for a more luxe travel experience, the could be the better choice for you. The perks you’ll get — which we’ve highlighted in our Best Airline Cards of 2017 list — are more than enough to offset the $95 dollar annual fee.
Here’s how the cards compare:
Delta/AmEx card comparison
|Card||Annual fee||Rewards rate||Special perks|
||20% savings in the form of a statement credit on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets|
|$95 (waived first year)||
All in all, the is another appealing offering from Delta and American Express. It’s a perfect fit for those who only travel a few times a year and want a strong rewards program with no annual fee.
The post What You Need to Know About American Express’s New Delta Card appeared first on The Simple Dollar.